• Alright, I was under ZJ today removing the steps and happened upon two more leaks. Looks like the tcase is leaking fluid. No big deal since I plan on doing a swap on it. How do I stop it from leaking for now though? Also, I don't know if this is engine oil or the tranny leakin...

I know for a fact that these leaks are very recent since they weren't there a mth or two ago. Any help would be appreciated.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• looks like its a rear main seal

in order to fix it properly imo
    u need to take the oil pan down

I have a rear main seal leak on my tj and thats what it looks like.

Is it hard to fix, I prbly wont be doing it soon since its not bad

last person I talked to said that I needed to pull the motor :bang: :bang: :bang:
    I hope not!!

• I have a rear main seal leak on my tj and thats what it looks like.

Is it hard to fix, I prbly wont be doing it soon since its not bad

last person I talked to said that I needed to pull the motor :bang: :bang: :bang:
    I hope not!!

depends on a few things as to whether to pull the motor or not
    on a 4cyl tj
    chances are u will not need to pull it
    on a 6cyl tj at the least u will need to unbolt the motor and raise it with a engine hoist
    to have enough clearence to remove the pan all the way

im not sure about a zj
    but i would assume that u would need to raise he motor to fully remove the oil pan

unlees turtle or someone knows a better & faster way

• Oh yipee. Pull the motor. :bang:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Alright I did a quick search, and it actually doesn't look to bad for the V8. Found a pretty decent write up!

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~offroad…al_&_Oil_Pump_Replacement

TJ is pretty similar:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/fea…_Removal_and_Installation

No motor pulling! :spinrhead:

Edited once, last by Diablo ().

• You're welcome guys. :wavey:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!