DEJA Pine Barrens run - March 31st

• JeepSahara has given the approval for this to be an official run. All mandatory DEJA trail gear/equipment must be in/on your vehicle for safety purposes.

We'll be doing another trip through the Wharton State Forest on Saturday, March 31st. (Yup, day before April Fools!)

Vehicles of all modification level are welcome, stocker to super modified. If we have more than 8 vehicles, we'll split up into 2 groups, with the groups divided by modification levels. We won't leave anybody behind, so if one vehicle can't get through a spot, that group will go back and take a different route.

We will be driving through sand, mud and deep water, so plan accordingly. Stockers are highly recommended to attach their tow straps at the staging area so you don't have to wade through the cold water when you get stuck. Bring a change of clothes (at least shoes/socks/pants) and put them on the back seat (not floor). Your vehicle WILL get dirty. We'll be on old fire access roads and hunters trails, so a few tight areas are likely (you may need to wax your vehicle on Sunday after you wash it).

As stated above, all DEJA-required gear must be with you. A CB is highly recommended, as we'll announce where the safest spots of the puddles are, and you can let us know if you're having problems. A hand-held model is fine, you only need a few hundred feet of range.

For some reason, the Wharton trips seem to bring out the odd characters, so the meeting locations will not be posted on the forum. I'll make a list of all interested people and send PMs as the date gets closer. Anybody caught drinking or using drugs on the trail will be asked to leave immediately and the rangers will be notified.

Zeke, post up some video and pics from our previous trips. :driving:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I never get tired of watching this video.....

[youtube=425,350]RXT34RQVEaU[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]htkNKp5nSK0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]8Gjrov-5UCM[/youtube]

• ...For some reason, the Wharton trips seem to bring out the odd characters...

This is NJ you are talking about. We are a bunch of weirdos. ;D

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• hehe good memories (except of the pine striping and the wet carpet)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I was there last new years eve... We did a last run for the year.. I was in my ranger and had gotten snagged on a log underwater. While trying to get free a group of Jeeps (mostly rubis) came through... Then the NJ yahoos! They were doing burn out and throwing the beer bottles out the windows. They all looked about 17 or 18... Gotta love that, I just bit my tongue and got the heck out of there real fast!

• becareful with the SJ bashing. Myself and a few pine wheelers mayhave to lend a helping hand when you all go too deep on some of the trails, 38's get swallowed :o I live it Atco 5 mins from Warrton and wheel respondsively with several old Iron in the pines members, They spondser the JEEP JAMBORIE every year. If you all need some help with recovery or downed(drowned rigs )MY cell is 609 707 2239 A few of us would like to go anyway, give a ring. :driving:

• bump...

Jerry / Whatevah

• i thought the largest tire size you could run was 33's in Wharton??

What? Haha. That may be true, but I've seen guys on 40s in there. :shrug:

I'll most likely be there with a new Jeep. ;D

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I am interested in getting out and trying the grand out.. hopefully by the end of march.. ill have it where i feel i can take it out with out too many worries

• I've never heard anything like this. It's a state park, who would have authority over it / would enforce it?

the rangers... i have heard of guys getting tickets, but then i also hear guys running large tires out there. so i have no idea.

the one day i was out there, we had a guy with 37's and we ran into a ranger, and the only thing he asked is " everyone got there paperwork in order" and we all said "yes"...........
    he never got out of his truck.........

• all vehicles must be street legal, meaning tagged and insured. the NJ laws are harder on lifted vehicles than DE or PA, but the heavier the vehicle is titled, the bigger it can be, so the full-size rigs run some big tires and lifted. it's hard for Jeeps to get taller than 37" tires without finding some good loopholes.

I'll be leading on 31" m/t tires, so the trip shouldn't be too hard. Every other time I've been out has been on my 28" a/t tires, so I'll let everybody know where the easier sections are. I'll probably be getting stuck more than anybody else, since I'll be seeing how well the tires and my lift will perform. hold my coke and watch this!

Jerry / Whatevah

• street tire, ats, mts or mud tires? :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• The 31's that i got with that jacked up cherokee
    i forget the actuall name of them
    but they are on sim bead locks.. and have a decent tread on them...
    i was going about 50 down telegraph road at 9 this morning from rising sun to cherry hill... they did pretty good

• i'll be there. not sure about taking rubi through crap, but maybe my tj will be better by then. jerry you have a backseat? lol!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!