YJ problems

• So tried to help my friend on his YJ this weekend.

We put on new sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distributor cap, and rotor. Also we sprayed engine degreaser on it, and the firewall to clean it.
    In doing all that something happened that now it doesn't want to run right. It won't idle, it seems to be fine once it is reved up even 500 rpm. Do you think it is something we did on the sparkplugs and such, or just some water/degreaser in a sensor? When it doesn't idle well after a few seconds the check engine light comes on, and stays on if you drive it.

2nd problem. We put in a new stereo and somehow must have bumped something else, because now the interior dash lights won't work. I was wondering if anyone had a wiring schematic for the interior lights? I started trying to trace things, but haven't had much luck. I found an orange wire, that if I power it, the lights come on, but I can't seem to find what is wrong.

Sorry for the long post, I just feel bad that we worked on it, and now made everything worse.

• My YJ is not running right either...

Going back to the shop today :shrug: Air cleaner assy. is full of oil, but the pcv valve is working. Won't idle. Sometimes idles way to high.

I just want it fixed!

Good luck to you & your friend...

Nate :flag:

• Well I fixed the engine problem. There was a hose that had come off one of the sensors on the firewall.

I still have the instrument pannel light problem. So anyone have a wiring schematic for the lights on a 93 YJ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!