2.5l rebuild....anyone wanna do it??!!!

• probably do that tomorrow and let ya know. if there is a compression problem on a certain cylinder, where do i go from there?

• if compression is low on just one cylinder put about a tablespoon of oil in that cylinder and redo the test then record the new reading. if the reading stays the same then its the valves in the head if it goes up then its the rings on the piston. if 2 adjacent cylinders have low compression then its probably a blown head gasket. these thing probably dont have much to do with what you are looking at but thats what you can get froma compression test. like was said get your readings and report back.

• this is what i got... (tested all cylinders twice)
    #1- 95 lbs
    #2-105 lbs
    #3-125 lbs
    #4-130 lbs
    so im probably looking at a blown head gasket right?? and do you have a slot open in your shop to replace it for me??

• no its not a blown head gasket you wouldnt have any compression or very very low in those 2 cylinders might trry a bottle of restore in it before going to far I have had good luck with it helping with blow by. again your best bet is to swap the motor with another 2.5 motor it will also be the cheapest if you are unhappy with the power of the 2.5 then sell the jeep and buy another with the 4.0 if will be cheaper that upgradeing

• very well, will do asap. thanks a million. as far as power and the 2.5... if i get the blowby and leaks fixed im satisfied. i figure some little add ons and swaps will gain me the extra power im looking for. not looking to drag race the ol girl lol, but any bigger tires would need some extra muscle to turn them. thanks for the help.

• When you did the compression tests, did you add oil in the spark plug hole and test again? This will tell you if it is a ring or valve leak. If you are at the point of an engine replacement, consider the long block crate motor. You get warrenty and a very well built engine. I think you will be suprised how much power you gain from a crate block.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!