BBD's 4.0 motor and tranny swap

• Here the plan on Friday May 14th If all goes well I will be trying to start the 4.0 swap on my jeep
    I hope to pick up the motor next week by the 13th.

I know friday is a work day for most but Saturday is the Hooters event.
    If I can get started on friday and wrap it up on Saturday. Maybe I can go to Hooters also.

This will be a great learning experience for you 4banger's out there who hope one day to up grade your motor

Please check the calendar and post if you can help.

http://69.93.163.136/modules.p…le=index&type=view&eid=21

• Its not to bad I welded in my own eng mounts and tranny mounts. what are you going to be using for motor mounts and how thick are they.

• well my welder can do it in one pass at my house it requires a 20 amp 110 circuit. but I would fell better if someone qualified did it I don't think my stuff will bust but would feel real bad if it did break on yours. I just started welding not to long ago. the decision is yours we can tow it over to the house and I can weld it up for you or we can tach it at the house and tow it over to a professional if you like the chose is yours to make

• Wow, Tony, those welds are incredibly clean. Definatley doesn't look like an amateur.

-Chris

• when any welder on the board gets time, do you think you could weld my exaust pipe back to the metal tab that just keeps it from vibrating all over, i forgot to point it out at the spring fling???

• I can do it when are you free. I am going to be free thursday afternoon evening and friday morning then its of to trap pond for some camping until sunday. let me know when is good for you thats why i got the welder

• it probably won't be until summer months, right now i am currently at UD, busy with work, then finals, the graduation, but i will get back to you, thanks :up:

• Is it easy to get to or can you remove it from the Jeep?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Is it easy to get to or can you remove it from the Jeep?

its at the end of the pipe at the back of the jeep where its usually welded to the tab which is attached the frame.

its an easy location and weld, i just forgot about it...

• For anyone comming to the wrenching party friday or sat.
    if someone has a small compressor and air tools they can bring that would help

I live in the 1900's because I still turn ratchets. :doh:

• joe,
    i still have some CO2 in my tank...i'll bring it if nobody else has a compressor. it may not last the day but it's better than nothing. oh, can you either pm me directions or maybe put them on the calendar so i can find your house?
    chris

p.s....what time?

• Here is the address.

Head south on 13 from Dover
    Go past the new Walmart and Tractor supply
    When you get to the Woodside light turn left. (This is the Walnut Shade Rd.)
    Go past the school on your left.
    Make your next right onto Milchop.
    Go straight at the stop sign. Pass a small store and the church.
    Turn right onto Apple Run
    Then a quick left onto Orange
    Now a quick right on to Strawberry Dr.
    I’m half way down on the right #73

Tony is comming over in the morning.
    Tomorow will be a lot of prep work, welding of the motor mounts
    and setting the motor in.

I'm grinding off the motor mounts in the morning.
    So come over when ever you get up and around.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!