Differential Fluid

• Anyone know how much to put into a D30 and a D44 with ARBs? Is the amount going to change after I put in the ARB lockers? I cant really use the fill hole to measure because its not located higher (new covers) and the axles are really rotated so it wouldnt be the same amount...

• Anyone know how much to put into a D30 and a D44 with ARBs? Is the amount going to change after I put in the ARB lockers? I cant really use the fill hole to measure because its not located higher (new covers) and the axles are really rotated so it wouldnt be the same amount...

I believe normally
    D30 = 2.5 pints
    D44 = 4.0 pints

Not sure how much difference an ARB would make over a open carrier.

• so should i just put the normal recommended amount it? I'm wondering how much less I'll need because of the lockers.

• FWIW, I have the Rockcrushers and used 44 oz in the front and 66 oz in the rear if memory serves me. I added 10% for the larger size of the covers but I am also using Amsoil synthetic so a little goes a long way. Those are for D44's so I can't speak to the D30's...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!