OBDII available in Northern DE

• my warning lights kicked on this morning so I tried to find somebody with a scanner but nobody I asked had one, so... I ended up buying one. code 0455 popped up... a possible cause: loose gas cap. I guess one of the local angels decided to goof around with my Jeep. good thing I locked it last night, I guess.

at any rate... I now own a OBDII scanner. just a basic one, but it shows the code numbers and can clear them. send me a PM if you need to use it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• what a coincidence, I filled up in newark then my light came on. stopped at auto zone in smyrna and they scanned it and I got code 455 too!

then I realized the gas cap wasnt all the way on :doh:

• hehe yeah, I'd have smacked myself, but I got gas a few days ago and the code only popped up today.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• interesting..my light came on after 170 miles since my fillup.....if it dosent turn off tomorrow im going to scan it.

• u guys know u can check it with out a scanner right?

turn the key on and off three times quickly and leave it on

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• haven't found any way to read codes in a 2001 XJ... 3 turns or 5... nothing works.

Jerry / Whatevah

• sears in prices corner has a device called "car chip" which is a scanner that hooks up to a computer... its only 25 bucks and has the nearly the same functionality of the more expensive scanners and more then most of them...
    ive got one too they are nice

• on late-model tj's you have to hold down the odometer reset switch while advancing the ignition from off to the run position. it'll then run through the firmware number, codes, and do a light/guage self-test. just fyi...
    chris

• yeah, that works great... if you have a laptop. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• it hooks to any computer that has a the small serial plug... laptop is just usually the most convienient.. and they make usb adapters for those who dont dabble in the old school tech...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!