Put bedliner in my jeep

• Hey guys, thought I'd show you my progress on putting the bedliner in my Jeep.

Started with power washing the inside, then scrubbed it down, taped it off, and sprayed it. Put 3 coats on now (tried to use as much of the gallon that I could). Clendaniel gave me an undercoating gun which worked real well and my friend Joey let me use his shop.

Probably went a little overboard with the tape, but nothing a little touch up can't cover up. Now all I have to do is that and throw the seats back in.

http://deja.27chickens.com/gal…ery.php?cat=500&ppuser=56

Personally, I think it looks better in person, but .... meh

• Looks good Sal. Looks like you got good, even coverage with the undercoating gun. How thick does it seem to be with 3 coats on it?

-Chris

• Hey thanks. I bought a gallon of Herculiner. 1st coat used almost 1/4 of the gallon. after the 2nd coat I had probably a little more than a gallon. and then since I wanted to use as much as i could of that gallon for the 3rd coat i used as much as i could and almost used it all. then used the rest to roll on (underneath the pedals where i couldn't spray) and for a little touch up. I figure when I take the tape off I might use some black spray paint, but I'm not sure yet.

With my luck i couldn't find a cup for the spray gun, so i bought some fuel injection hose and attached that to the dipstick ... which broke off, so i used some epoxy but it broke off too. sanded it down and used super glue and that worked just fine. so i had this 12 inch hose that i had dipped in the gallon of herculiner which i moved with me while i sprayed.

Also not only were the pictures taken at night but the third coat was still drying. When I looked at it after the first coat had dried my jaw almost dropped. Red seems to take the corners out of the car, and now that it's black I think you can see the angles much better.

Salvatore Giglia

• What size compressor did you use to spray the Herculiner?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Heh, asked my friend and he replied with "uh, big?".

It's almost as tall as I am (I'm 6'2") and I wouldn't be able to wrap my arms around it. I know when we installed it it was really heavy. I remember looking at a label on it and I think it said that the peak output was something like 24.9 hp. I dont' know how they're rated or if that helps.

Salvatore Giglia

• yeah, it's a lot bigger than my 15 gallon one. That's all I needed to know. Thanks

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!