Bent control arm bracket

• I mangled one of my front control arm brackets on the last trip to paragon. Its still connected to the axle, but its pretty twisted. Anyone know of any places that sell just the control arm brackets? Or does anyone think it will bend back into shape with a BFH without breaking off the axle?

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I have the same issue, I was going to try the bfh and get the control arms skids that Ian has for 20$. They weld in place and help out alot.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Rubicon Express sells individual control arm brackets that are almost twice a thick as the flimsy stock ones. I highly recommend them.

I have the skids in a box somewhere waiting to get welded on as well.

Joe

• Quote from "2000sahara"

I mangled one of my front control arm brackets on the last trip to paragon. Its still connected to the axle, but its pretty twisted. Anyone know of any places that sell just the control arm brackets? Or does anyone think it will bend back into shape with a BFH without breaking off the axle?

So I did not have the only carnage on the last trip. :grin:

• Thanks guys...I didnt realize i damaged it until the other day. I did notice that i have some vibes at about 65 mph so i looked under the jeeps and saw the carnage. Im going to try and bend it with a hammer first and see what happens but I might buy a spare bracket just in case.
    Thanks for the info guys
    Ed

• ed

ask ian I'm sure he wont mind, send him a pm

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Ed, I had the same issue and ordered a left and a right one from Bob Supplee, his prices were cheapest (there's a surprise). They are extremely beefy.

HTH

-Chris (it took the bracket to fall off before I got the new one welded on)

• Yup, did both sides. The RE bracket is way stronger than the stock one, and the weld on skid will go much better onto that than the stock bracket (though I haven't gotten around to having mine put on yet).

Just make sure, while welding on the new bracket, that you don't cover up access to the bottom of the shock bolts - it gets a little tight under there.

• What brand skids do you guys have? Are they RE also? I didnt realize so many people have trashed these things.
    Thanks for the info
    Ed

• most of the weld-on ones that can be bought are from mike green off of his website. afm enterprises makes them and they're a pretty decent deal for $22 when you don't have the means of making them yourself.

the nice think about the weld-on designs is that they box the whole bracket and strengthen it rather than just protect it from impact.
    chris

• Sweet..Those are nice. One more question. Do the new control arm brackets come with the u-shaped thing on the side for setting up the alignment?
    Ed

• Quote from "2000sahara"

One more question. Do the new control arm brackets come with the u-shaped thing on the side for setting up the alignment?
    Ed

Ed, the RE one's that I got from Bob did not have the alignment things on the side, it was just a hole drilled straight through.

-Chris

• if you have adjustable arms then you won't need those alignment tabs. i think they're just for matching the cam bolts from left to right during front end alignments. with adjustable arms you just lengthen or shorten as needed instead.
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!