• one of the guys that i met on the trail ride for the VT jeep association is a master macanic at a local jeep delearship... he offered to overhaul and install lockers... so i bought a aussie rear locker and am going to buy a front one.... and were going to figure out where the leak is coming from tomm on my 2.5... he told me its common on jeeps... his 4.2 did it too before he fixed it.... so ill get pix's when we do it...

http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=16435.0
    old post

• Why do we need a pic of your jeep in that post. Especially one so large. It eats up bandwith and makes it impossible for the dial up people. :shrug:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• thats how i roll... u dont have to read it...

Um, I'm glad that's "how you roll", but posting a giant pic with every post is ridiculous and isn't gonna fly here.

It's unnecessary and no one wants to look at a giant pic of your Jeep over and over.

What if everyone did that with every post ?

If that's cool in VT, fine. But it isn't how we roll here.

• I for one think it is a brilliant idea to lock your Dana 35. I read somewhere on the internet that in 1992 only, the YJ with the 2.5L got a "beefier" version of the 35 and it is completely safe to lock. As a matter of fact, I saw a picture of a guy with a 2.5L locked Dana 35 doing smokey burn outs on dry pavement. I think he said he just reved it up to about 5,000 RPMs and dumped the clutch. Any rate, that would make for an awesome thread pic., please attempt this at your earliest convenience and post up a pic. for our enjoyment. :up:

• Well for opinions, I installed an Aussie locker in the front axle and could not be happier. And for helpful hints, I would change the axle seals while you are in there. :driving:

awsome ill change the seals... i like to hear good things

I for one think it is a brilliant idea to lock your Dana 35. I read somewhere on the internet that in 1992 only, the YJ with the 2.5L got a "beefier" version of the 35 and it is completely safe to lock. As a matter of fact, I saw a picture of a guy with a 2.5L locked Dana 35 doing smokey burn outs on dry pavement. I think he said he just reved it up to about 5,000 RPMs and dumped the clutch. Any rate, that would make for an awesome thread pic., please attempt this at your earliest convenience and post up a pic. for our enjoyment. :up:

the 4.88 are nice too.... i had to pay to have those installed... but that was 8 mo ago... ill be sure to update.. but u wont see any burnouts lol

thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!