Something wierd...........tire wear

• I noticed the other day that my front drivers side tire was showing wear in an uneven way. The only way to describe it is that every other knobby in the middle of the tire is worn lower than the one in front of or behind it. The one's on the side seem to be wearing even but the difference is really noticable on the one's in the middle of the tire. None of the other tires are doing this and I had the alighnment checked at NTB and everything was ok. The jeep does pull slightly to the left when I'm doing like 45 mph + on the road but I'm not sure if that's a cause or a result of the tire? Anyone have any ideas?

Oh yeah, I'm running 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's on 15x10 inch rims. I've had them on a little over a year and I rotate tires every 5K or so...............

• alighnment, balance, check control arms, and cam bolts. trackbar, draglink tie rod.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Edited once, last by omaha ().

• some idiot with a XJ has something kinda similar... the middle lugs are taller in the front of the lug than in the back. this particular doofus has put 15K miles on it and never rotated the tires. all 4 tires seem to have this problem, so I guess it's related to the lack of ever being rotated.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• check your air pressure. could just be a faulty tire. check with a good year tire dealer and see what they say.

• yeah probably cause ,my suspension is totallt shot.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Get your alignment checked somewhere other than NTB.... nothing bad about NTB but i had a buddy just get his checked there recently on his car and within 2 months his tires were wearing down ackwardly.

• some tires will do that even when a vehicle is brand new and perfectly aligned. Try telling a guy who just bought $100k Range rover that he is going to have to live with that or buy new tires after 15k miles. Goodyears seem to "chop" worse then other tires though.

• Thanks for the input, after having it checked, it seems that it was a tire balancing issue. alignment was a little off but nothing crazy. I was told that the "stuff" that Sports Car tire put in my tires to balance them was crap.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!