Quadratec Scratch and Dent Tent sale -- Oct 6th!

• We got there about 8:50 and there was already a line. This was the first time I have been to an event like this and was quite pleased. Even though I was on crutches (nursing a broken ankle 8weeks and counting :bang: ) I am quite pleased! I was worn out so we left early. Here's what I got.

Rugged Ridge RRC Rear Bumper with Hitch and Swingout Tire Carrier
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_40X_PG.htm Paid $150

These were purchased new but saved the cost of shipping.

To make the wifey happy...

So I can get my big a$$ in the Jeep.

The only thing I wanted that I did not find was a single 35x12.5R15 BFG All Terrain preferably mounted on a Mickey Thompson Classic 2 or similar. (I need a spare!)

• there wasn't anybody in line when I got there at 7am... but I still didn't buy anything! :)

sold some stuff, though. I was the younger guy at the new parts tent.

Quadratec doesn't carry BFG. the only reason we have the new BFG MT2 is because we get them through a dealership, it's the weird new size for the 07+ Rubicons. We don't mount tires, either. Not sure where those tire/wheel pre-mounted sets came from (I think an employee put those there to get some quick cash. lol)

For all the Wrangler people, there were some nice deals there in the scratch'n'dent area, plus the free shipping for the new stuff that wasn't available for pickup.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'm so mad that I didn't get to go. I installed my new lift Thursday night and it was riding fine all day Friday. Then lastnight I adjust the steering some. Well, I woke up this morning got ready, pulled on the road and when I hit 35mph I had death wobble like crazy. I could barely hold onto the wheel. So, I stayed home and been working on that all day. >:( ;( :censored: :upset: :cuss: :bang:

• cj5 body
    i got the smittybuilt front tube titianium bumper ($170.00)
    rear textured black with out spare tire holder(free cuz my dad bought the cj5 body)
    new seats $100 a piece
    and a high lift jack $49
    but it was fun and im def going next year

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• if those bumpers have the plastic end caps... take them off and reseal them with RTV as good as you can. the ones with plastic caps will rust from the inside out.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• i got a hi-lift that i had sitting behind jerry's cherokee for a little while while i looked around for a while.

• hehe shoulda put it on the roof rack. did you like the poser sleeping bag I put up there? ;D

I saw a lot of people getting hilifts, I guess they were giving some good deals. I know I sold quite a few handle isolators over at the new products tent.

Jerry / Whatevah

• got a good deal on the warn grille guard and mopar rubicon rocker guards..both for 130
    bought a mile marker 8000lb winch and a warn winch mounting plate...cant wait to get it all set for the JFJ trip :driving:

• i cleaned up:

2 seats for 60$
    warn front bumper 170$
    teraflex rockguard front bumper for jk 100$
    fabtech rear corner guards 70$
    highlift 50$
    warn winch guard 70$

and picked up my chromoly front 44 shafts

• two factory style seats $30
    warn rock sliders for CJ7, might have to make fit on my YJ $75
    highlift $49.99
    and ordered the new Ramsey 9500UT

what i missed :(
    rear bumper-swingout tire carrier
    could have got another highlift
    locker for D30 front
    and there was a nice dick cepek radial 33x12.50 but the rim was 5 on 5.5" was going to buy anyway but waited too long to make up my mind

all in all a somewhat hot, but very fun day

advice for next time, get there early and know what you might what to buy before you get there, because you never know what they will have out an the tables.

• Glad everyone got there goody bags filled!

I gotta vent.......Big disappointment for me. I couldn't get there until 2:00 and there wasn't even a bottle of water or a hotdog to be had (after an hour plus ride). The sale was supposed to run until 4:00 but the people working had everything packed up and looked like they were ready to get out of there.

Quadratec definatly didn't score any loyalty points with me. No one working even said "hello".

Lesson learned...if you can't get there at opening don't bother. I doubt I'll ever go up there again.

• what you have to understand is most of us had been there since 5 am getting everything ready, so when they said start packing up, we didn't ask why

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!