Trail Report - Stockers at JfJ Run

• After some foolish volunteering, I led the stocker group today at Rausch Creek. Regretfully, I'm horrible with names... In my group, were Grits (plus Ron), Woody (plus mom/little ones), Flutterby (plus mom/little ones), Sully (plus Keith_C), "John from Maryland Creepers", CertK9 (and family) and SuperRubi.

We started easy, drove behind the office and through the Comp Course via Trail K and made our way to the West Property via Trails F, G and the Pole Line. Trail G was the first rocks a couple of our group had ever driven on. In the West property we shifted into 4Lo and 1st gear to head down Trail J (which was very rutted at the top) and hopped on Trail 15 (blue) to warm everybody up. From there we merged onto Trail 11 and picked up Trail 14 for a nice easy looping trail (occasionally very smelly). Some spotting was needed in the rutted areas, but no problems (aside from one step bar from the JK). I also spotted a group of JKs at one of the tricky spots. During Trail 14, my XJ started overheating, so we finished the trail and got back onto Trail 11 so I could replace a fan while everybody snacked and chatted.

After lunch, we picked up Trail 19B and had a little fun. The group of JKs was now in front of us and had problems in a rutted stretch, so they made a bypass. After watching them make their new trail, we went through the section they skipped. I did it quickly and ran back to spot Grits through but she didn't need it! First time out, and did what the bigger guys with lockers couldn't! We caught up with the JK group again near the end of the trail and watched them try to uproot a stump. Afterwards, a couple of us posed on bigger stumps and rocks where we were waiting and moved back to Trail 11. We ran Trail 11 to H, then took a crossover to the Power Line and took that back to the East Property (after playing on the hills).

Back in the East Property, we parked at the Comp Course and astape spotted me on one of the comp areas to get some pictures and then over one of the obstacles. That quickrete stuff has a LOT of traction. He then spotted Sully through another spot and let the 'crete smooth the tow hook edges a little bit. Now, we're done and went back to the parking lot.

Thanks for putting up with me guys, it was my first time leading at RC.

edit: my pics uploaded: http://www.delawareja.com/gall…whatevah/jfjrunoct172007/

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• Jerry,
    Thanks for the Fun Filled Day. I think you did just fine for your first Trail Lead.
    Kristi, the lil one (Nick), and I had a great time getting out after a year without seeing any trails due to a big move, job change, and school.
    That 'sound' we were hearing on the trail is still under diagnosis. We had some terrible death wobble at 40 mph just before getting onto Rt 81. Everything is tight and inline. U-joints sound. Only item of concern is slightly bent front upper control arm. I'll replace that in the morning. Nevertheless, we took the drive home doing 35 mph....this made the usual 1 1/2 hr trip take nearly 4 hours.
    Oh yeah, and the best part -------- we had to take the shoulder at times because of heavy traffic and guess what I got as a reward???? I'm sure you guessed correct. A Flat Tire. :spinrhead: :driving: On we went.

At the end of day, jeep emptied, all of us showered, it was a great day out wheeling. 8)
    Thanks again for the warm welcome from all of the Delaware Jeep Association peeps and their families. I hope our lil contribution has helped in the overall contribution to the Jeeps for Joy cause.

• ouch... that was a long ride home for you, then. mine wasn't too bad, if I stayed under 50mph (vibes from bad front driveshaft). Hope to ride with you again, on some more challenging trails. :driving:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• ouch... that was a long ride home for you, then. mine wasn't too bad, if I stayed under 50mph (vibes from bad front driveshaft). Hope to ride with you again, on some more challenging trails. :driving:

Absolutely. We'll do some blacks next time! :twisted:

• I ran with the blue/black group
    We had a good day with Paul Leading the pack.
    Best trail of the day was one that had a small hill climb at he the start and was very tight
    and twisty. It has some off camber areas that got a cuss word out of my passenger. I think it was 1 or 2 trail

We did hit a small black rock garden and Shelly got to drive her first black rated trail. She did Awesome :up:

I did get a little close to a tree at one point and gently kissed it leaving a lasting impression on my front fender. :doh: ;D

• hill climb at the very beginning and twisty? I remember that from August, that's a fun trail! :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=4669439

Here are the pics that Brian's mom took. Mine are still sitting on the camera.

i keep getting a security violation page

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• lol cute... "another bad idea". wasn't too bad, I made it!

Jerry / Whatevah

• I busted the center pin in the passenger side spring pack 25' from the end of the trail on the way out. oh well.... that's what they make trailers for..

oh I also ran into a couple of trees................ they kept jumpig in front of me!!!!!!!

other then had we had a BLAST..

• Awesome pictures...Flutterby! I too had trouble with the side show...but no big deal. Takes awhile to look at all the photos...but, quite enjoyable. A lot of them would make for a great Jeep commercial.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!