spent the day working on the jeep...

• well, i spent the day working on the jeep.

at the hobby shop on base i dropped my fuel tank, laid neoprene around the recessed fuelpump ring at it's base to keep the tank level, and then stacked 1.5" of neoprene over the tank to help fill the space above it that was created by my 1" body lift.

i then got the swamper mounted to my old spare tire's rim and bolted back onto my swingaway. no more rear view mirror anymore :)

on the way home i convinced napa to let me return my bent tierod even though i didn't have my receipt. i told them when i had purchased it (last summer) and they found it in their computer. no name, was on the computer, but i quoted them the price i paid and the three parts that i had ordered. i had to pay for the new one up front but will get the full price back when i return the old one. once home i pulled the bent one off, threw on the new one, and then did a quick alignment. it's not perfect (the toe-in), but it's keeping the shimmy to a minimum. i'm thinking of paying for that $89 alignment at NTB next week. i'm getting it pretty close in my garage...but i tend to need to do this every few weeks after a ride. i'm sure that they can get it much closer to perfect than i can...and at only $90 for the year (scott at kirkwood's store said he could care less how many times i took it to the rock parks - a warranty is a warranty) i can bring it back as many times as i want.

all in all a great day for my jeep. ditched that infamous clunk my jeep had since last december, got my spare hooked up, and got my steering issues "straightened" out :) thanks again to john for the neoprene - it did the trick. thanks also to tony for the spare swamper - holding air like a champ!
    chris

• Sometimes being a pack rat pays off. I knew that rubber would come in handy. That's why I didn't throw it out when the experiments we used it for was all over. I also saved 20 gallons of antifreeze they wanted me to dispose of. :mrgreen:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i could use some of that antifreeze if it is useable. I need to flush out my system and redo the 50/50 in the radiator.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!