Needed: black soft top for YJ, or halfdoor skins at least!

• So where's the best deal on a soft top? If I buy it, I'll at least need the doorskins, the windows are fogged BADLY on this YJ.

DrJ

• Quadratech usually has specials on tops.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Pavement Ends makes a replacement top for $269. Anyone ever used their tops? That's the price clicking on the Q-tec link at the bottom of our home page. Does that automatically give members a discount?

DrJ

• It doesn't give us a discount but it gives the club a kickback (5%) I believe.

Wasn't there a guy at the last meeting saying that his boss will give 25% discount on Jeep parts until the end of the year? I think it was PHBSoler or something like that. I'm not sure what type of parts they deal with but it would be worth a call.

Remember to factor in shipping. Q-tech has free shipping deals from time to time. Of course their shipping prices are a tad high, IMO, but you can always go pick it up too.

What top style are you going with? There is the one style that the front part flips back while keeping the back part up. I have a snapless Best Top Tiger Top (I think) and it is alright. I bought it used. I think it's harder to set up than the snap style tops but not too bad. The doors are a lot better.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Hmmm...what kind of top...CHEAP! Pavement Ends is $269, that's the best price I've found so far. I'll pull the old one off tomorrow, and it'll likely fall apart. I want to check the door channels, struts, etc., before I order. I'm hoping all I'll need is snaps. The frame is another $140, and I'm already on thin ice with Robin for buying the Jeep in the first place! :doh:

DrJ

• Quote from "Slimer"

Wasn't there a guy at the last meeting saying that his boss will give 25% discount on Jeep parts until the end of the year? I think it was PHBSoler or something like that. I'm not sure what type of parts they deal with but it would be worth a call.

Yeah, a MOPAR dealer... don't think they'll have a top for an '88.

DrJ

• I had bought a replacement top once and it was fine. I seemed to have a consideraly gap between the door and the top but I probably didn't have things adjusted right. It didn't have lower door windows but I can't say that I looked out of them too much anyway.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!