hardtop ?

• 98 tj will half hard doors with soft uppers work with a hardtop?

I did it for a few months........wasnt all that bad, but on a windy day they would make a lot of noise and flap around. so still possible, but not recommended

• yeah, the fiberglass "hard upper" doors or full steel doors are your only options.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• yeah im driving around the same way right now in my YJ, and it really sucks. the doors barely close and theres a huge gap and lots of wind noise and it doesnt look very good either. i really like hard doors and am in the market for some b/c the ones my friend and i took off your hands pitjeep would take a long time to restore haha. ive been told that TJs actually fit a little better though but i guess you'll find out.

• I use the hard upper door sliders w/glass windows on my 98 TJ with my hardtop.
    No leaking or loud wind noise. Easy to take off for the summer without removing the entire door.

• I used the besttop soft sliders with my hardtop for awhile when I was in college. That included several 600 mile trips on the highways and it never really bothered me too much. Hard doors are alot better IMO cause of the bigger windows but sometimes you gotta use what youve got.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!