cant get c clips in 8.8

• Trying to put locker in 8.8 rear locker is richmond lock right.They give pin i believe is notched so spacer slides into notch and then you put c clip in and repeat other side the pin they gave me the notched part is not wide enough to slide sleeve into.i think they sent me wrong pin unless im doing something wrong?

Wayne

• It's been a few years since we (IAN) installed the ARB in mine, but I remember it was a PIA trying to get the c clips in. I could be completely wrong but it seems like I remember having to push in the shaft while putting the c-clip in. It gave it the extra clearance. But like I said it's been a few years.

• You might want to have someone push the shaft in while you do it. Like JWalk said, the last time I did one in a Dodge Dakota I had to hold the shaft in to allow just enough extra for the clip to slide in. HTH.

• Finally got through richmond tech line,took me 2 lunch breaks.They told me not to use notched pin said in locker it would be weak,they said go to http://www.ringpinion.com click on tech tips.tip said grind 1or2 teeth on ring gear so pin clears said if done correctly it wont affect pattern between ring and pinion. ill post pics aft i finish rear.

Wayne

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!