some lift and gear questions

• well im starting to look again to upgrade my lift to something alittle more functional, right now im am running a skyjacker 2 inch spacer lift, and 32's still with stock 3.07's, which i have had no complaints with except for the hydros suck. i hope to upgrade by mid summer. it used to be that i just wanted to go big possibly 35's but not a very pratical dd, but now i think i am goin to go with a 4 inch and 33's. i know im goin to want to regear, so the first question is what would be the the appropriate gearing? next is what is the best lift? i was leaning towards the RE 3.5, the more and more i look, i think i am gonna go with skyjacker standard 4 inch. really im trying not to spend too much much money, but also not buy a shaty lift thats gonna sag over time, anyone have any tips for me on what to get? i think i will be talking to somebody at trucks unlimited soon also since i just found where it is, and heard good things.
    thanks, herb

• IMO 3.5 RE superflex lift, 33's and 4.10 gears if/when i get another TJ that is the setup i will run. it will go about anywhere you want to go offroad, and still be comfortable on road.

i had the 3.5 superflex, 1.25 body lift with 35's and 4.56 gears. great setup but the 35's were a little much for daily driving...

• I'd stay away from Skyjacker. No personal experience but haven't heard good things. RE is a good option, there are allot of guys running it on here. As far as gearing, 4.10s are pretty much ideal for 33's (for a 4.0 anyway). There is good reference chart on quadratec.com.

• IMO 3.5 RE superflex lift, 33's and 4.10 gears if/when i get another TJ that is the setup i will run. it will go about anywhere you want to go offroad, and still be comfortable on road.

i had the 3.5 superflex, 1.25 body lift with 35's and 4.56 gears. great setup but the 35's were a little much for daily driving...

i agree rubicon express all the way....

4.10 gears will be fine...

my buddy has a 02 with skyjacker... its not bad but not as flexabule as it should be...

• would it be ok to throw my 2 inch spacers on top of the springs? ive seen one person who did this before not sure if its a good idea or not. what other work will be required with the lift besides thelift itself?

• would it be ok to throw my 2 inch spacers on top of the springs? ive seen one person who did this before not sure if its a good idea or not. what other work will be required with the lift besides thelift itself?

It depends. Some Jeeps also need an SYE and DS and some don't. A MML definitely helps but sometimes isn't enough by itself to prevent driveline vibes. I would budget for both and if you don't end up needing one or the other then it is just a bonus.

I would not recommend the spacers and springs because it just isn't needed for 33's but some people do run that combo and are fine with it. You really shouldn't need them if you just do a JKS BL + BMML combo. You may not need the BL at all as the RE springs tend to run larger than advertised. You will likely get at least 4" out of the 3.5" springs as long as you don't have a ton of weight on your rig. And 4.10's with 33" would be the optimum setup for a DD that goes offroad once in a while.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!