Pine Barrens/Wharton run on 4/12

• Headed up to Wharton on Saturday 4/12 with a bunch of guys from Jersey I know. Probably 5 or 6 rides at least. Some of the details are TBD but we usually get there noon-ish and run till a little after dark. It's not an official DEJA event...anyone is welcome.

Let me know if you are interested and as soon as the details are finalized I will get everything posted.

• We're meeting outside the entrace to Wharton at 2pm. Where 206 meets Railroad Ave in the link below.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=….022641,0.039525&t=h&z=15

Anywhere from 33's-31's...I was the short guy until recently with 30's and I managed to get by. I'll check back later tonight or first thing in the morning, I'm rolling out of Newark around noon if you want to follow.

• okay thanks, is anyone meeting up in Delaware to ride up there, also incase i'm running alittle late is anyone going to be using CBs

• how did it go?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Had a great time. Rained pretty hard for an hour or so and with the other recent rain there was a pretty decent amount of water. Installed my OME steering stabilizer in the parking lot of the rec center while waiting for some of the guys to get there. One of my friends Victor (black TJ) I think was a little anxious to test out his new snorkel and got stuck in water 3x probably within the first 45 minutes. Stuck it out for a while but limped home early. Soaked his distributor cap, was blowing white smoke out of the exhaust for a while then it turned black. Had an extra distributor cap for him but it was still acting up. Got to what was basically a lake about 100' wide and 40' across and I decided to take one for the team and go first. Got about 15' in and front end just took a nose dive down. It was really, really soft sand which is not the norm in the pines from my experience. Sunk it about midway up the doors. Got pulled out pretty quick and actually running alright. Best part of the day (imho) was when I realized that the nasty squeal I've been having from possibly my fan clutch assembly decided to stop. Dunno what I hit or what it was but I was running better at the end of the day than the beginning which is really weird. :) Clayduster came and busted a brake line an hour or so in. I should have gotten pics of the rig job we did with vice grips and electrical tape. He followed me through back roads most of the way through Jersey on the way home then I had to stop at my parents house so he kept going. Said the brakes were pulling hard to the good side and I didn't see a Jeep sized hole in the bridge guardrail so I'm guessing he made it home ok. :)

I'll get pics up tonight. Haven't taken them off the camera yet.

• nice man i am starting my new job in the next week or so and i will have the extra gas money to come with ya next time let me know

• Cool, I think these guys are planning on going up to RC early May so maybe end of May back to the Pines if no one breaks anything major at RC.

Hey I'd be interested in going with you guys. I'm in North Wilmington DE so if anyone wants to meet up near the DE/PA line for the ride over let me know. Some guys I know from north/central NJ are meeting up on May 18th. I may make that date but would be willing to make another date later in May as well.
    Steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!