ok im starting to feel like a rookie

• it feels like i have been asking way to many questions this week but... heres another... if u dont know i moved to NC for a few months and live in the city now.... big change from vermont... however down here their are junkyards and even a 4x4 shop for jeeps around the corner! http://www.4wheelparts.com/stores/Store-Info.aspx?sNo=211
    but i need to know what axles will fit under a yj with out shorting the main tube or major modification... i know the ford 8.8 works well but i wanted to find a set of 44's... and their everywhere out here... but i know some years are better than others... i dont wanna make a mistake if i get a chance to get a set.... so i need to be educated.... thanks... im also planning on doing a 1-2'' body lift and running 35's.. so 4.88 gear set is what im planning on...

• as far a a Dana 44
    you can get lucky and find one under a Cherokee with the factory tow package
    You can use a dana 44 out of an old international scout ( you will need to use adapters to match the wheel pattern)

There are a few others like the Isuzu Troopers but it may be harder to match the gearing or wheel lug pattern.

• I'd check out those junk yards and see if they have a totalled rubi's. Buy the axles and hack off the mounts and weld on you perches. Locked 4.10's ready to go.

• ooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, trash the yj. buy a new rubi and be done with it. same end result. pretty much the same price... lolol!!!!

• ooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, trash the yj. buy a new rubi and be done with it. same end result. pretty much the same price... lolol!!!!

[size=20pt]Blasphemous !

He is a YJ infidel [/size]

this is suprising to hear from you....

yes your right ill go over and get the base model 4 door jk... yellow paint so i can call it the school bus and ride in my nice a/c jeep with the top up all summer!

• look for FSJ's with drivers side drop front d44 and rear d44. becareful as some had amc 20's in the rear and a vacuum disconnect in the front

you will need new wheels to accomidate the 6 x5.5 pattern but it will be well worth it in the long run

• kidding guys.... but to get ANY d44, even from a scrap yard, will cost u an arm and a leg... so truly, my thoughts r, go with the ford axle or even an older toyota axle. the toyotas come with factory 4:10's and i have seen the abuse they can handle. guy at work has one with 40 something inch tires and a 351. big mud guy and hasn't tore an axle up yet!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!