Wharton forest question

• i'm a noob. how easy is the wharton state forest run. 2008 liberty stock not many miles

(moved from the upcoming trail rides post)

• The forest has a variety of old fire roads and trails. Some trails have water/mud deep enough to completely cover 37" tires. If you went in by yourself, you might not ever find those sections, though. The trip this summer will depend on the vehicle in attendance. It's intended to be hard enough to have a little challenge, but more of just a nice trip driving through an old forest. Drive by some cranberry fields, ruins of old buildings, mud holes, etc. Some sections of the trails can get narrow depending on how much rain falls, so the foliage can scratch the sides of the vehicles. Just something to keep in mind (might need to wash and wax the Jeep the next day). Once again, the trip difficulty (and trail narrowness) will depend on the vehicles in the group. If we have stock vehicles (especially new, shiny ones) I'll do my best to avoid the tight spots.

As for all offroad trips, front and rear tow points are necessary. (tow hooks, receiver hitch, etc)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• in New Jersey... north of Hammonton. it's on the map labeled "Wharton State Forest". can find it doing a search on google or yahoo, too.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• me and some of my buddy's just camped out there this weekend,and had a blast.the trails are dusty and in the mud trail which i think are marked blue are pretty nasty in some spot.we have some pic's on myspace/outlawz 4x4

• I get over there about once or twice a month (mostly Sundays) with some guys I met from points north of there in NJ. If anyone ever wants to hook up shoot me a line sometime. We vary the trails we run based on the Jeeps that show up. Be prepared to get wet/muddy. There are rabbit holes but we try to stay away from them. There is always at least one winch as we find there will be someone every time that gets stuck. And yes I've had my turn deep in a hole too, :spinrhead: yep pics to prove it. We *never* leave anyone behind though. :driving:

I'm based in north Wilmington so I get there by way of Comm Barry Bridge, but that can be rearranged.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!