Warn fuel tank skid

• I am installing a used Warn fuel tank skid on Jodie's 02 Wrangler. I got the old tank off and the straps off without any problems. I went to put the tanks back in the Jeep and when I went to put the straps back on, they are way to short. I only have about 2-3 threads showing through the holes and can not get them back on. Any ideas? Do I need to get longer tank straps?

Any help would be appreciated. I dont really want to put the old skid back on as it has a huge dent in it. If I cant get it figured out soon though I will have to since we are taking her Jeep to GWNF.

Thanks

Wood

• thats wierd, is it the first gen or second gen? is there a huge dimple in the bottom for the sending unit?

i have the first gen and its flat on bottom like kilby, you need to really push on the straps to make them work, only need to tighten them a little also, just enough to keep the tank in there thats all. :up: :up:

• Flat on the bottom so I guess its a 1st gen. The mounting flanges might be a little bent down, but not my much. I can just get enought thread on the nut to catch but that is it. When it stops raining, I might and go out and try again.

The skid is from a 97 TJ if that makes any difference, which I dont think it does.

• I might be wrong in my thinking but I seem to remember the 1st generation of warn skids having 2 available... one for 1997 and one for 1998 and up...it has been a long time since I owned my '97 but for some reason that strikes in my memory... :shrug:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!