tech question , 2 top bolts on trans ,what size are they ? 5 speed 6 point ones

• I and trying to get those 2 top bolts off ,the lat 2 of course , they are 6 point, what size are they ,they are not 10 MM to big 9 will not go on , they are not 7/16 and even 3/8 seem sloppy and I did try both 6 point and 12 point sockets , I do not want to strip the heads off or I will never get them off , any help here would be greatful , as I said these are the last 2 , and as soon as i get a reply and the right size it will be out , do I have to get the special socket for those and what size is it , thanks

• I and trying to get those 2 top bolts off ,the lat 2 of course , they are 6 point, what size are they ,they are not 10 MM to big 9 will not go on , they are not 7/16 and even 3/8 seem sloppy and I did try both 6 point and 12 point sockets , I do not want to strip the heads off or I will never get them off , any help here would be greatful , as I said these are the last 2 , and as soon as i get a reply and the right size it will be out , do I hav to get the special socket for thoe or can I compramise

Pretty sure they are external torx.

• yea I thought that but do u know what size so I can run to pep boys and pick one up ,it looks like a 35 maybe 40 not sure so I can pick one up , thanks

• they have them seperate in a package at pep boys but I prob will not use them anytime soon so I would lke to know the exact size so I do not have to buy 3 or 4 of them at $4 a pop

• ran to pep boys and picked up a set of them it was a 10 external star socket they were $15 for a set of 9 in case you run into this , thanks for the replys , it started to rain I got them out have to wait unti morning to drop it ,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!