Need Dealership Help

• I agree. I was ALWAYS friendly with Hertrich and they were ALWAYS friendly with me. Wasn't intending to deny Hertrich that. My point was that all the niceness in the world didn't fix the water leak and the whistling noise my top was making. I realize that a Jeep isn't a Lexus, but I didn't feel as though I should have to pay $29,000 for a new Jeep with a leaky top. Anyway, Hertrich came through in the end. Eventually they replaced my tops, it just took them a year to get to the point were they agreed to do so. The other 12 visits were to reseal the defected tops.

• Ive been nothing but nice to these guys, they always seem to have a smartass answer to any of my questions...I brought in a couple receipts and now they want all receipts since the jeep was new about 56,000 miles ago even though they already rebuilt the thing once :bang:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• All jokes aside, I suspect due to a poor economy, we will see a growing trend, in dealers weaseling out of obligations and adding cheesy clauses in agreements that let them charge you for all kinds of crap. Hell , if they could off shore your service to India they would.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Ive been nothing but nice to these guys, they always seem to have a smartass answer to any of my questions...I brought in a couple receipts and now they want all receipts since the jeep was new about 56,000 miles ago even though they already rebuilt the thing once :bang:

Is it the Service Writer "Tom" that is giving you the issues?

• You are probably going to get nowhere with this because of the economy. Reason being is warranty vs. customer pay. All warranty work (Chrysler LLC pays) is less flat rate hours than regular time. All jobs have an associated flat rate time. The way the company (Chrysler not the individual dealerships) makes money is by sales, and by cutting warranty pay.

Example: My 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited, two weeks ago the lock cylinder froze on me. I had to buy a steering lock assy, ignition switch (playing around opening it seeing how it worked I saw a tiny crack inside and figured swapping it out would be best at this time) and a tumbler assy. Total money I'm out in parts alone: $138 tumbler, $82 for steering lock, & $36 for ign switch for a total of 246$ in parts alone (and that's with my Q-Tec employee discount, it was almost double without).

Just today when I was on All Data @ school (don't know if Hertrich uses All-DAta or ShopKey) the labor time for a ignition lock assy. (all 3 of those pieces together) is 0.4hrs warranty and 2.4hrs customer pay to be done by a B Tech. General labor rate is 75$/hr +/- so Chrysler pays roughly 35$ labor and I pay roughly 180$, but will do it myself.

This is how the company makes money, the dealers get screwed so you'll have to go way up the chain of command within Chrysler to get this done.

• the service guy Tom doesn't like me much since the last many problems I had to deal with them..... some new guy and the head guy were the ones ive been talking to this during this recent problem

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• How does asking smart ass questions affect your self esteem?

it does wonders, obviously! :)
    it sucks that you've had bad luck with their sales department (you're not alone there) but i was trying to keep things directed to kevin's service problems. myself, i've had nothing but the best of luck with warranty work on my modified jeep...but i think sometimes it all depends upon who is working, your state of mind when dealing with them, and maybe the amount of workload they already have sitting in the shop.

• there is a department that deals with stuff like this. GM calls it the Zone department, i am sure jeep has something simular. they fix problems that dealerships dont want to.

like i said, find the department number and call them. this is who deals with these problems. they will send a rep out to look at your problem. this is the only way you will get an answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!