Need Dealership Help

• Ok, my lemon jeep's engine just gave out again for the second time in 20k....hertrich wont replace the engine under warranty without receipts for purchased oil or oil changes....I cannot find my receipts...what can I do?

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• You may be able to go back and get info from the store you bought it, or from your cc company, as long as you didn't pay cash. Did you log the oil/filter changes in your service manual with the odo reading? Also, did you speak to their Service Manager directly? The guys out front that you normally deal with to schedule work suck.

How about your buddy at the licensed garage where the work was actually done? Perhaps he may be able to produce the records of the changes via their work order system? ;)

• that engine has got to be under some sort of mopar warranty, like most all cat converters have a standard 55k mile or something like that....

4.0L just don't go bad out of nowhere, we all know that...

• this is the second time this engine has thrown a rod and bent valves.....the idiots that replaced it last time only replaced internals...when I picked the jeep up the oil plug was dangling out of the oil pan and had dripped about a half qt. or oil on the ground...they offered me a free car wash :bang: for that issue...among many other problems Ive had with a certain dealership in dover that starts with an Hertr and ends with a ich. Im working on rounding up some old receipts Ill let you know what happens with it....and its under a powertrain warranty and extended warranty.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• If it helps I have all of the receipts from buying oil and filters for my TJ and all of the other vehicles I own. I would try the Jeep dealership down here in Lewes as well if you could... No reason we cannot trailer it down.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• go to a different dealer! when i was employed at Chrysler jeep dealers as a tech and service writer we never asked for proof of maintenance on the engine if one came in with a problem while under warranty. we just took care of it. and another think if he engine tossed a rod and bent valves we never rebuilt it was always replace the entire long block if one was available if one was no we replaced short block and head assembly. on a rare occasion we would replace the valve train and keep the original head (3.7, 2.7, 4.7). oh for what it is worth use a synthetic oil in the 2.7. the all aluminum block has poor oil return galleys so conventional oil tends not to drain back fast enough.

• If it helps I have all of the receipts from buying oil and filters for my TJ and all of the other vehicles I own. I would try the Jeep dealership down here in Lewes as well if you could... No reason we cannot trailer it down.

There you go I think we have a answer here.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I've had nothing but trouble with Hertrich too. I will never ever buy a vehicle from them again. :bang: I'd call Jeep and tell them they better get someone to fix it and your very upset. Tell them you've bought many Jeeps and are an enthusiast. They will fix you right up. I'd also explain the service you received from Hertrich.

• if under warranty you can go to any dealership....

i bought my jeep used at newark dodge and newark jeep did the warranty work :up: :up:

• Maybe 30-40 of us in Jeeps should go there WITH him... ask the manager if they really want to piss off so many local Jeeps owners with a HUGE freakin' website.

...and go with torches!! ...and rifles! Yeah, yeah, and a stuffed dummy that looks like the service manager... we can BURN it in front of him, then roll over a couple of new Jeeps on their lot (Compasses, nothing cool)... and then take the loan officer up to the roof, and... oh.. sorry... coffee kicked in.

• Maybe 30-40 of us in Jeeps should go there WITH him... ask the manager if they really want to piss off so many local Jeeps owners with a HUGE freakin' website.

...and go with torches!! ...and rifles! Yeah, yeah, and a stuffed dummy that looks like the service manager... we can BURN it in front of him, then roll over a couple of new Jeeps on their lot (Compasses, nothing cool)... and then take the loan officer up to the roof, and... oh.. sorry... coffee kicked in.

Wesley and DSU are out. I think Dover PD has nothing better to do so the whole rifle thing may not be such a good idea....

• It was a truck, an old flat bed with a billboard or a box truck if I remember telling all who could see how he got screwed, or got a lemon, or something.....

See how well that advertising did....

• That guy bought a diesel Mercedes from I.G. Burton Mercedes dealership there and had Lemon problems from them. His protest di stick is some peoples heads.... his thing was a big sign, with a lemon on it, with the quote "Better than a Benz"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!