DNREC News: 2008-2009 Delaware Hunting & Trapping Guide Now Available

• NEWS FROM THE DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL

Aug. 12, 2008 - Vol. 38, No. 366

For more information, contact Ken Reynolds, Wildlife Program Manager, 302-735-3600, or Joanna Wilson, Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.

2008-2009 Delaware Hunting & Trapping Guide Now Available

With just three weeks till the opening of fall hunting season, hunters can pick up a copy of the new Delaware Hunting & Trapping Guide for 2008-2009 at the DNREC licensing desk in the Richardson & Robbins Building, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, or stop by any of Delaware’s hunting license dealers.

The 64-page guide has been redesigned in a magazine-sized format with larger print to become more user-friendly. “The guide has also been totally reorganized for this year, so I think it will be easier for people to find everything,” noted Wildlife Program Manager Ken Reynolds.

Inside, you’ll find information on licensing and permits, deer, small game, migratory bird and wild turkey hunting, hunting or trapping on public lands, and the Delaware Hunter Education Program. Topics range from methods of take, firearms requirements, deer checking and state and federal regulations to rules for hunting state and federal wildlife areas, maps and educational opportunities including boating safety, hunter education and the Delaware Master Hunter Program. Also included are applications for hunting licenses, the public lands hunting lottery and education courses.

“If you’d like to hunt in Delaware, this guide is designed to put all the information you’ll need at your fingertips,” Reynolds said.

Due to a printing error, Reynolds added, the sunrise/sunset times for October and November were printed incorrectly in the guide. The correct information is available in the guide’s online version, which can be found at www.fw.delaware.gov.

For more information, please call the Wildlife Section at 302-739-9912.

• Patternmaster came in the mail Friday... Restrung my bow and up'ed the pull... Ima all set myself!

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!