Clammin'.....Any good spots?

• I've somehow lost the time to enjoy the sport this summer and am in a fanatic race to get my fill and add some clams to the freezer for winter. I heard the area around the Indian River inlet is real good, but I didn't know if anyone knew of any other great spots. Tried seashore park and didnt' run into too much luck. THanks for any help.

• I rember when I was a kid claming on the indian bay at one of my dads friends house and having vary good luck. Cant rember where it was at other then on the bay I was probably 9.

• We always went back by the VFW on the South side of Indian River bay. Excellent clamming spot! You may want to do some research before going. Some of the areas are now off limits for shell fish because of PCBs.

• I have no experience with walk on places, but If you have access to a boat, we have seen many people on the sand bar south of the inlet in the bay. Also, we had a little luck near the boat wreck north of Massey's Ditch on the beach and on the sand bar south of the Ditch as well. Again, these require a boat and it would take more time and patience then I have to fill a freezer. Good luck.

jason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!