YJ/TJ mirror adjustments

• I was thinking about this as I walked back to my office from the parking lot, so if it is an obvious fix, I haven't really looked yet.

Every time I slam the door (1/2 steel with cloth upper), the mirror goes outta whack. Not the arm to door, the mirror to arm. Is there a set screw or something under that little rubber boot?

...just wondering.

DrJ

• With the TJ mirror, there is a set screw at the bottom of the mirror. Tighten it up, you will be fine. Use PB to lossen it first. HTH.

LAter,

• if its rotating in the mount, you can tighten the nut that holds it into the mount, switching mine back and forth between my hard doors and windsheild mounts has loosened it so i just scrapped the spring and all that fancy crap and tighten the nut onto the mirror a whole lot and it doesnt move.

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

only linyee would know that...... you found that at the mall last week didnt ya. :rollsmile: :laughing:

No, I learned from Pirate 4x4. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Later,

• I suspect you did a "search" on POR for that information? :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• So the big bolt at the top of the arm holds the mirror to the arm AND acts as the pivot? Tightening that bolt draws the mirror down tighter to the arm?

...makes sense, I'll try tonight. Thanks!

DrJ

• Quote from "DrJ"

So the big bolt at the top of the arm holds the mirror to the arm AND acts as the pivot? Tightening that bolt draws the mirror down tighter to the arm?

...makes sense, I'll try tonight. Thanks!

DrJ

Nooooo..
    The big nut at the bottom of the arm near the hinge controls the movement of the arm relative to the body of the Jeep. The set screw control the movement of the mirror relative to the arm.

Well......, may be the mirror in YJ is different from TJ. I rest my case. :)

Later,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!