Who wants to bring the sawsall??

• Thanks for Turtle, bmf24 and DieselCJ for stopping by to see my TJ
    get cut-up.

Here's a few pics.....

The cuts are still alittle rough, need to clean them up some. I also need
    to address the front turn signals.

Most pics I've seen don't leave the fender support in the front, but I figured
    I just leave it for now. Might even mount the turn signals there.

My fenders were pretty screwed up, so even this is an improvement. If you can believe that! :doh:

Joe

• Wow, that looks like it turned out good. Pretty clean cuts.

What tool of choice did you guys end up going with?

-Chris

• Wow, that looks, ummm, interesting :spinrhead: ! Can't wait to see how it turns out with tubes.

In a related note, what are you going with your side lamps from the flares? I'm in need of some replacements, can I buy them from you?

• Quote from "gavan"

weld whats left to the hood so it is a one piece front end :)

why you gotta copy Turtle? he said the same thing .

• Looks pretty good, except it looks like someone had a little too much coffee to drink before cutting, but as you said it does look better then it did. You could try mounting the turn lamps in the supports. If you dont like them there then you tried at least!

Don

• i think the wavy part was trying the use the grinder to smooth the edge. Joe ended up using the hand file to hit the edges instead.

• I used the angle grinder for all the cuts. I still need to go over the sides, because they're just rough cuts.

Not sure when we'll get a chance to "tube" them up, hopefully before I
    destroy the fenders on some more trees!

:doh:

• Looks good Joe!

When you do tube it, another thought would be use those same turn signals and put them under the headlights. I have seen that on some other flatfender Jeeps online and they look great. But you have to turn them upside down as if your headlights have eyebrows below them.

-Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!