and so it begins

• blue? on the cutting brakes? there blue cause that is what the CNC comes in.

There will be a wrenching party the weekend after Neuroc.

• a little more progress.
    both lockers are done, but the rear brakes are not done yet. i have the front brake lines run, the arb compressor in and the lines run, and the wiring has begun. i will be in MI this weekend, but next weekend i will be working on the wiring and fuel liines. it would be great to see it run that weekend, but i doubt it.

twins:

• i got most of the motor wiring figured out. Gavan spent a sunday helping me figure out what i needed and didnt. we got it close for a first guess.
    I got most of the wiring finished tonight, i just need to wire the alt. and the main wire for the starter.
    i also got the electric fan (thanks Slimer!) ready to mount and wired also.
    the steering shaft just needs to be welded up and painted.
    the rockers are all layed out and ready to cut out.

the rockers are 3/16" plate (4x8 sheet) that was bent 90* on each side. i am cutting them so they hook into the body mounts. i am cutting 3/16" off each of the 3 poly mounts on each side, and welding the rocker to the tub. this way the rocker doubles as a mount for the cage tie-ins.

what i have left:
    finish motor (pepboys gave me all the wrong ign parts)
    rear brakes and lines
    d-shafts (have to run a 2-piece front)
    tranny shifter
    spray paint
    get dash panel bent and install (thurs)
    find power steering lines that will work

this weekend i should have the rest of the motor done, the rear hard brake lines done, tranny x-member done, steering shaft done, and i am going to modify a waggy pitman arm to accept the fj-40 tre i have.

some time later this summer/ fall i will be getting the cage made

• What are you cutting that metal with? That's a bit thick to cut with a jig saw blade.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It's always fun cutting curves with a grinding wheel.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

It's always fun cutting curves with a grinding wheel.

you cut it square, then cut the corners off. then switch to a grinding wheel to make the curve smooth. its pretty easy, just time consuming.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!