Need Help with flex plate swap

• Found my mysterious noise. My flex plate has about A 8 inch long crack around the hub of the crank. I need help from someone that has a tranny jack. I figure I can just unbolt the bellhouseing bolts and torque converter bolts remove the cross member, and other related items and slide the tranny and transfer case back as a unit, And replace the flex plate. If anyone is able to lend me a hand or the jack for that matter I would greatly appreciate it. I cant by the beer but I can give you the money for it.

Thanks in advance (hopefully)
    Andy

• I have a trans jack but I am kinda far away from you .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• I have a trans jack but I am kinda far away from you .

hey Thanks for the offer, But if finished the project up with a regular for jack and a few boards.

Now I have a new problem, I broke off one of my crossmember bolts. Not the stud but the bolt on the drivers side. I have tryed everything I own to get it out with no succses. I was able to drill into it but then the easy out that I had, proved not to be to easy and broke off in the bolt flush. So if anyone has the tools to get this out i would really appreciate a hand.

Thanks guys
    Andy

• I dont like easy outs for the exact reason. I would drill a new hole next to it. Tap it and use a new bolt.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!