anybody catch anything this past weekend? -with story-

• had no luck fishing this weekend, but got two on the winch hook at the cape! two separate groups in (unfortunately) jeeps, TJ and a JK, thought that driving through the small(read narrow but deep) stream the connected the tidal pool to the Atlantic was a good idea. not so much. the JK, driven by an older woman who was accompanied by her two teenage daughters, had water running through the open doors and up to the level of the seats, and the tide was rising. the sand was soft enough that you could not stand near the jeep without sinking to your crotch. when I told her to start digging with her shovel she produced a small plastic kids shovel. after digging to get the rear tow hook with the shovel I lent her, we got it all pulled out without any damage other than a very wet salty JK. Both the radiator and engine compartment were full of sand and salt water and the woman said that she had to drive the JK back to Wilm. I told her to at least pressure wash the radiator but she thought otherwise and off she went. The TJ came out without any drama. that makes three times that I've had to pull someone out this year. I've still never had any trouble with sand anywhere.(DE, VA, NC) I don't understand what the issue is. oh and don't anyone buy a slightly used, black 'X' 2 door JK, with rubi wheels and tires in Wilmington any time soon, seems that it may have some issues.... anyone else have any luck?

• gees seems like you went through alot with that JK, did she compensate you at all? not that that is what its all about, but still when you save someones ass like that and spend alot of time getting dirty sometimes a few bucks is a nice reward to cover fuel/bait/booz :suspicious:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• she didn't offer anything but a thanks. at least the TJ guys had offered coldies. but I agree with you, she could have offered something. not that it would have been taken. even the DNREC guys stopped and said thanks for helping her, I think they knew that she was about an hour from loosing the jeep altogether.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!