99 xj cold start issues

• My xj is starting to annoye me and wondering if any one has some of the same issues. When its cold and only when the engine is cold and the out side temp is below 40 deg i can turn the key cranks and fires and stalls... if I hold my foot on the gas alittle and start it it fires up alittle rich and runs just doesn't idle on its own. If I floor it and let off it idles fine. After it idles it drives fine and once warm it starts and idles fine all day long. thanks Mike

• Try cleaning the IAC and throttle body. Mine does the same thing, I've been putting off swapping in the high-flow throttle body so I haven't cleaned the old one.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!