my yj build!

• ok well i finally had some time to upload some pics that may be worthy.

ended up getting my brakes all done. used a dodge 1500/2500 master cylinder, was pretty bolt and go just had to shave down the top and bottom to let it recess into the yj booster. shown in pics. works like a beast. locks up the 37s which is pretty funny.

now i also gutted my stock prop valve by just removing the plastic washer inside. lets more fluid go to the rear due to the change over to disks

next thing i did was completely trash all the work i just did cause i had to get rid of the d30. so i searched and searched and found a built d44 from a 78 f250 (full width) since this was full width my rear was gonna be to small. and i opted to go with the full width instead of cutting it down. i could have used spacers to go from 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 to match the front on the rear but i figured that was ghetto. so i looked to see what easy swap would be for full width and 5x5.5 came down to 1996 and older ford trucks. reason i didnt do a 44 was cause i could swap my disk brakes off my explorer 8.8 to the new one. so i found one for 50 beans and started the work

tim helping out swap brakes

old rear out

swaped in the new d44

got both axles in just gotta get new shocks cause on the flex test they were not long enough and didnt get as much flex as i should have

oh yeah got the highsteer all done up to. had to use a waggy pitman arm cause the drag link was hitting the tierod. waggy arm is a bit longer

so today i had to do something about the tj hood on there. just really wasnt happy with how beat up it was and how it fit in the rear near the cowl. so i was gonna cut the front off and weld it onto the old yj hood. a little bit of work! but the tj hood front was to trashed. so i said fuck why not see what the yj hood looks like with the tj grill. well it wasnt bad at all! it sat about a half inch to high from the grill. so i wacked off an 1/2 inch off the sides starting at a half inch in the front, tapering it down to the rear. looks pretty damn good i think. im way more happy with the gap in the front on the edges then the way it was off by the cowl.....

• also added some new sim beadlocks and 5.13 gears. there not bad. 80mph it tachs at just under 3 grand. 65mph is at 2500. think i wanna do 39s tho so they should be even better then muaaahahahaha. thinking maybe the new mtrs. theyll prolly weigh the same as the 37" iroks and the less agressive patern might save me from having to upgrade to 60s. just wondering if i should stay with the 15" rim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!