LED tail lights

• I got the LED's in the rear of my tub nd they look great. I used tin snips to cut out the holes, I wanted to use the new plasma cutter so bad but it would have just caught the Heep on fire. The only complaint I have about the LED tail lights is they blink really fast when i hit my turn signal. I'm guessing its because they dont have as much resistance as the old tail lights. Is there any way to fix this?

Bryan

• LED bulbs may cause some newer vehicles to indicate a bulb is burnt out (because of their low power consumption). Some cars indicate this by increasing the flash rate of the turn signals, some do not flash at all. This can be remedied with load resistors wired across the turn signal bulbs to simulate a filament bulb load.

RL-650 Load Resistor kit
    6 Ohm, 50 Watt load resistor kit
    Solves most LED turn signal problems
    Connect one across each LED turn signal bulb to simulate filament bulbs

I can get them but they cost about 8 bucks a peice. (my Price)
    may be cheaper to get the things at radio shack. OR do the mod mentioned above.

Let me know

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• just curious where did you get your L.E.D.'s and cost? I just got into being a dealer for a company with replacement L.E.D. bulbs.

Basically been putting bulb packages together for Old Cars.

Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Slinky I was actually gonna ask you a similar question about the LED replacement bulbs that fit 1157 sockets and such. Do you also need to add a resistor to those or is it built into the bulb so Its a complete drop in piece?

• Quote from "scramblejim"

Slinky I was actually gonna ask you a similar question about the LED replacement bulbs that fit 1157 sockets and such. Do you also need to add a resistor to those or is it built into the bulb so Its a complete drop in piece?

They are plug-n-play.

They include the resistors needed to use LEDs with 12V, but not the load resistors mentioned above to provide correct flash rate.

• I got the LED's at Kellers truck parts on roidgers road in new castle. I thinnk they were about 20 bucks a piece including pig tails and rubber gromets. Thanks for the info.

Bryan

• thats pretty cheap. cheapest i can get them is the 61 leds in a 4 inch dia. light. everything (light, grommet,pigtail) for about 33.00 each.

I haven't search other suppliers for these. Sure i can get them a few bucks cheaper. then what i have listed.

or the 56 led oblong ones for about 29.00 with everything.

• Quote from "scramblejim"

Wouldnt it be easier to just plug in a different flasher? Instead of wiring in resistors and such?

Perhaps, but for '03+ the flasher is a dealer only item.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!