Assateague Island Questions

• Hit Assateague yesterday! No luck but wow that is a lot of sand. I am looking forward to getting back down there now that I have the annual pass and overnight surf tag. Anyone ever seen this place during the summer? How's the fishing and does it get packed?

• It's beautiful there. They only let so many people on the beach at a time in the Summer so you have to get there early or late on the afternoon. The beach doesn't get packed like Delaware..well worth the drive and money plus you can have a fire and the rangers don't bother you.

• yeah like the horse flies that are as big as small cats lol

If you get the wind coming from the bay side, they'll eat you alive, I've actually packed up and left. If you get an ocean breeze, which is more likely, it's not bad at all. Like Jeepgirl said, less crowded, usually only wind up with the one vehicle on/one vehicle off situation a few times a summer and if you want to drive down toward the VA line you can usually get some solitude, even on a busy weekend.

• You guys always say that about the bugs lol it's not any worse than Delaware imo.(you just have to stay in the water :laughing:) I've been ran off maybe once or twice in 4 years. It's definitely less than 200 vehicles a day allowed.

• You guys always say that about the bugs lol it's not any worse than Delaware imo.(you just have to stay in the water :laughing:) I've been ran off maybe once or twice in 4 years. It's definitely less than 200 vehicles a day allowed.

Some of us have very tender skin ;). The best thing about Assateague is that you don't HAVE to be fishing so you can stay in the water if it gets buggy!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!