tire slime

• Hello ALL,

I am wondering how this tire slime turns out.

Thinking of useing it, I have some peeps say it is a mess for when you dismount.

:shrug:

• It's a mess for the guy removing or installing your tire. I've only used it once on a long driving trip and made sure I told the mechanic when I had new tires installed. I prefer to use plugs when I can.

Mike

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• K Slime is a angel in the rough then :innocent:
    It good for long haul as well. :up:
    I am going to do it!
    I Likey Slimey,
    Thanks

• I run it in all my ATV tires. Helps against any punctures you get on the trail.

I did just swap out 4 rims and the tire guy did tell me he hates that stuff. Oh well, saves my ass a lot of time patching!!!!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I run it in all my ATV tires. Helps against any punctures you get on the trail.
    I did just swap out 4 rims and the tire guy did tell me he hates that stuff. Oh well, saves my ass a lot of time patching!!!!

Oh, no doubt, this stuff rocks for an ATV or bike. Jeep, not so much. Slime sure won't save you after you slash a sidewall.

• Slashing is different but for tree branch punctures or something along those lines it works great.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Slashing is different but for tree branch punctures or something along those lines it works great.

I should elaborate my point. The type of damage that slime "fixes" is much more common on ATV and motorcycle tires. I ran it in several ATV's and it was well worth it. But, I have rarely seen offroad damage on vehicle tires that slime would have even helped, and if it would have, a simply plug kit would have actually fixed the damage. You aren't driving out of the woods on a slashed tire or one with a 1" stick hanging out of the tread, slime or not. That's what trail spares are for. And slime is nasty to deal with when changing tires, not to mention if it starts to gum up and throws your wheel off balance because it is a big glob on the inside of the tire.

Carry a plug kit and call it a day. ;D

• If you leave the can can in your jeep when its hot out you run the risk of it exploding. Its a pain it the butt to get it all cleaned up too. My girlfriend learned that the hard way.

Being as I have to change tires every now and then at my job I hate that crap. I agree with the just carry a plug kit. The plugs are much safer and your tire guy won't hate you when you have to change it out.

• Are your tires not holding air or is this a preventative measure in case you get a puncture?

The one tire is about done,I wanted to put it in to pro long the life of the tire.
    I as well was just going to do the other 3 for pm.

• I'd stay away from that stuff. Like the other guy said, could throw the tire off balance, and the guy that has to dismount your tire won't be too happy either. I started out as a tire changer many moons ago, when I got into the auto repair business, and that fix-a-flat garbage was nasty to deal with.

Don't use it, unless ya want to piss off the man who does your tires. Not worth it, just my 2-cents on this matter.

• May just add to the bad tire.
    The tire is in the rear so balance wont be as bad :shrug:

Basing this on my experience only, if it's a slow leak and no nail, screw, etc. can be found and the rim isn't dented, then it is most likely the valve core which can be changed out easily.

Mike

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!