2004 Sahara

• I wanted to get some people's opinion on a 2004 Sahara. I'm thinking of trading in my jeep for it. It's got under 5k miles on it, in real good condition. It's around $20K. Does anyone have anything bad to say about Sahara's?

• i love mine it came from the factory with 3.73s and a dana 44 rear but i think it was an option....not every sahara had that mines a 5spd too which is also rare for saharas. and it doesnt have cruise control or anti-lock brakes which i wish i had both sometimes .....is the one your looking at loaded with all the options? oh the saharas have wider flares than the sports and se's and they are painted :spinrhead: so they dont fade.

-kevin

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• None of my business of course, but if you're comfortable with eBay, Rubicons aren't much more, if at all. Even shopping locally, I've seen them for under 23K.

Just my 20K...

DrJ

• Quote from "Urbancrawler22"

it doesnt have cruise control or anti-lock brakes which i wish i had both sometimes -kevin

Sorry about the Hi-jack

Kevin, the cruise control kit is somewhere around $150. I got it for my Sport right after I bought it. You may or may not have the plugs and wiring already. Mine didn't and the install took about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. It would take about half that if you have the plugs already.

• Yeah, it's got the dana 44 and the 3.73's, it's a 5-spd, cruise control, i'm not sure about the rear disc brakes though.

:wavey:

• Quote from "Slapscott6"

Yeah, it's got the dana 44 and the 3.73's, it's a 5-spd, cruise control, i'm not sure about the rear disc brakes though.

It should have rear disks, as well as the upgraded stereo and the electronic mirror/compass/thermo. and the sentry key security option also.

I've been very happy with my '03 Sahara.

'04 is the last year for the Sahara. :sad:

• I'm pretty sure it has rear drums, upgraded stereo, mirror/compass/thermo. Why are they done making Saharas?

:shrug:

• Quote from "Slapscott6"

I'm pretty sure it has rear drums, upgraded stereo, mirror/compass/thermo. Why are they done making Saharas?

:shrug:

Probably don't have the rear Trac-Loc either if no rear discs.

If they key is gray, it's got the sentry key option.

Dunno why they stopped, aside from the sticker and the painted flares a fully optioned Sport is the same.

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Dunno why they stopped, aside from the sticker and the painted flares a fully optioned Sport is the same.

you have the better seats too - ripstop nylon material instead of the sponges in mine :doh:
    chris

• Quote from "quadna71"

you have the better seats too - ripstop nylon material instead of the sponges in mine :doh:
    chris

Yeah, the seats are different, although I never really understood in what way.

• Well, I went today, drove the Sahara and I had to have it :spinrhead: It feels alot more powerful than the 01 Sport I had. I have to go back there Monday tho to get my tires swapped. I don't like the tires that came with it, so i'm going to have them switched with the ones I had. Other than the tires -- NO complaints

:usa:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!