YJ windshield frame replacement

• It's killing me having this frame just sitting here, so I'm going to get started on putting it in. Anyone have a YJ FSM? I could use a few pages with the diagrams, etc., if the wiper assembly/disassembly etc. are illustrated. Looks fairly straightforward, but any help is good.

Thanks!
    DrJ

• Delmarva Auto Glass says my windshield is "glue in" and that there is an inner gasket as well as outer trim. Does this sound familiar to anyone? $160 installed, but I have to find that inner gasket.

DrJ

• You are getting new rubber aren't you? Are you tranferring your old glass over?

The wiper stuff is pretty easy. My CJ linkages had a small brass clip that held them on the pivot shaft. You just remove that with some needle nose pliers and try not to lose it. :doh:

The pivots have a little tab sticking up that orients them in the windsheild frame.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's what I'm trying to determine... how many rubber parts are there? Two like Delmarva says? I'm trying to replace all the sealing mechanisms, even though Delmarva said the inner gasket could probably be reused. no sense in doing all of this and using an old $20 seal when I can get a new one. New glass, new seals, new wiper arms, new hinges. All cheap stuff, might as well put new on.

• Its all fairly straight forward Steve no special tools except for the glass work. Remember to call Diamond they will probably try to beat Delmarvas price. If you run into a snag let me know.

• I found the "inner" seal on ebay for $9.95. I'll call Diamond today, thanks I'd forgotten about them. Probably a few weeks off, gotta raise the cash for the glass.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!