Recommend a spark-plug brand

• champion truck plugs - #4412. worked great in my last tj, this one, a buddy's, and erica's first jeep as well. (all 4.0l engines)
    chris

p.s. don't forget a dot of anti-sieze on them....you'll appreciate it 30k later :)

• I put bosch platinum's in mine. I haven't had any problems with them in the past. I also noticed a small difference in the performance. (For the Better) :)

• Go with champion truck plugs. In a jeep the cheeper are better. They don't run at such a high temp like the platinums.

• I put cheap NGKs in the YJ last weekend. The Autolites that were in there weren't in bad shape, but the NGKs made a noticeable difference. The engine sounded and ran smoother. For how long? Who knows, but it did make an immediate difference. I didn't really have a preference, but I did have an Advanced Auto Parts gift certificate to burn up, and that was the only plug they had in stock listed for the YJ.

BTW, are Splitfires just hype?

DrJ

• Quote from "quadna71"

champion truck plugs - #4412. worked great in my last tj, this one, a buddy's, and erica's first jeep as well. (all 4.0l engines)
    chris

:)

Umm...I think Champion went under, they no longer sell them. I think autolite took over thier line.
    Also NGK are actually really good plugs, Race cars often pick up a few Miles per hour by switching to them. However in a jeep that doesnt see much rpm any plug will do, Bosch platinums are good, Autolite, oh yeah and splitfires are a gimick.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Quote from "2000sahara"

Umm...I think Champion went under, they no longer sell them. I think autolite took over thier line.

well, they were still selling them on the racks at stores about 4 months ago - that's the last time i bought a set. bummer...i liked them.
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!