inspection tips?

• Ok... been out of the game awhile. But im gonna try to get the yj thru inspection in the next few weeks and wondered if anyone had some tips or tricks to getting passed the emissions test.
    I've got the 258 with a webber 2 bbl carb. 32/36 progressive.
    Last year I ran it thru, failed low idle and passed the high idle test. Only thing I did was run a tank of guaranteed to pass through it amassed some gas line antifreeze to the next tank and went back. Passed the low idle and failed the high idle! Doesn't make any sense...
    figuring my cat was shot, I replaced it and the muffler a week ago. Running a tank of gtp again, gonna throw some alchohol in the the tank when I go thru. Prolly double check and adjust the timing, lean out the carb til it barely runs, and go again. Anything else u can think of to increase my chances???

• You could tune the Weber properly... :mrgreen: Seriously , once set properly, you should get some good emissions. If your passing low speed, then you may need to lean out your high speed adjustment.. There is no majic bottle of goop to pour in.. I would not recommend pouring in tons of alcohol.
    Other areas you can check,

[li]Plugs are clean/replaced[/li]
      [li]All vacuum lines are secure , no leaks[/li]
      [li]Weber recommends a fuel pressure regulator. [/li]
      [li]Make sure your vacuum advance is on the ported vacuum source at the base of the carb.[/li]
      [li]Consider a TFI or HEI ingnition upgrade. Highly recommended. [/li]
      [li]Clean PCV valve. [/li]
      [li]Timing set properly. [/li]

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• will check plugs and vaccuum lines.... pretty sure vac. advance is hooked up, but will double check that too. already have an inline regulator and HEI ignition. check timing and pcv valve...
    thanks for the to-do list steve.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!