GWNF Stocker Trail Ride: April 29th - May 1st, 2005

• Steve,

my plan was to drive GWNF but maybe meet somewhere further up the road.. we plan on leaving at 9am from the truck stop.. looks like there is 3 of us now..

I have never been before but rafartist was going to get directions from muddpuppy and someone else..

also if anyone else plans on meeting us at the truck stop area please pm me and let me know so we know how many to wait for..

9am is the meeting time....

• Cool Johninde, see you there, I shot you a pm. I dont know about meeting up with the Dover group, I believe it is out of the way unless we meet up somewhere near Baltimore or somewhere else on 95. If somebody has a suggestion, post it and we will work it out. I will be running 65-70 mph max, the old girl is a gas hog and it will be loaded down with gear. Once we get into the mountains, the 3:73's are going to require a slower speed to pull the uphills.

• Well, it's still 8 days before the masses make it over, so that means that the forecast will changes at least 8 more time before then. :doh:

• I'm sorry that I'm asking this again, but...

Who am I going to go with?
    When and where should I meet up with you?

I'm pretty much good to go! Just need to figure out who I'm going to be going with, and where/when I'm supposed to be there.

I can't wait until my Jeep is done being worked on! I want to drive it again!

-Steve :wavey: :rollsmile:

• Steve, we talked about this already, you and I. It was agreed that a day trip would be a better way to get you started on the trails again. This is a full weekend away, and 4 hours away at that. I don't think anyone in the club is experienced to offer any additional care you might need. I know you're doing better, and you're getting around better too. But it's dangerous on the trails, just walking around sometimes, and we're not staying anywhere that offers any facilities, it's all primitive camping. It's a lot to ask someone to carry all the extra gear (let alone in a Wrangler!), and to be responsible for you on this kind of trip.

We're going to find an upcoming day trip to Rausch Creek or Paragon, and either Joe, Andrew or myself are going to set it up with you to come get you and take you for a full day of trail riding.

I know you're frustrated by this, and you want to get out there again on the trails and show us all how much you improved. We'll get you out there ok bud? I'm sure there are more than enough drivers here who would be happy to have you along for the ride.

Paul

• Ok Paul...

I agree with you, I can't wait until a trip like you've mentioned comes up, because I want to proove to everyone exactly how much better I'm actually doing. :folded: :hmm:

I still can't believe something... and that is the fact that the doctors at the hospital gave me a little less than a 10% chance of coming through this thing. :suspicious: :rollsmile: :up:
    :soapbox:

I'll be the first to tell you, and everyone else around here, that one of these days I'm going to be rich... and once I am, DEJA will not have a single thing to worry about... nothing at all. :up:

I know that you're all probably thinking "Gee, he sure is full of it, isn't he?" but, I'm not. See, sometimes I have dreams that turn out to be very good indicators of things that come very very true.... I had a dream about this like that... several of them, actually.

Heh... I've tried talking to those people around me all the time about these dreams, but it's taken as a joke I think... but it's not. It's going to come true... this is something that I'm very certian of.

Ok... I'm done talking for now... I'm at home (my house), using my wife's computer, I've got two kids driving me and my wife nuts right now, and it's about time that I need to get up and get one or both of them to bed. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

-Steve :)

• Good to see you doing better Steve.

Hope to see you on the trails real soon :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Well, here we go on to another Sunday, and my wife is out COLD on the pull-out bed, AGAIN. She's always asleep when I'm here for the weekend... grrr...

I know what I need... I need a job, I need to get my driver's licence back, and I need my Jeep back, but not until those guts are done with it!

I think I need a job FIRST... the heck with people telling me that may never work again... heck with that!

Take care you guys...

-Steve :updown:

• well there is still hope for the weather but it doesnt look good

I guess we need to remeber our rain gear huh guys and gals

• Balls. I hate camping in the rain. I hope this clears up, it sucks waiting so long to go on something like this to have crappy weather.

:folded:

• When are we planning on leaving the hotel room and meeting up with the campers. Maybe we could have everyone meet out at the road (where Tony and Alans truck will be ) at a certain time. That way we aren't waiting around forever again this year for everyone to wake up and all. Just a thought but what if we meet at 9:30 or earlier out at the road.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!