Chaulking fender flares....a solution?

• I used to heat gun mine, once a year at most and they always turned out awesome. The first time I took them off (sucks!) Second time I used playing cards between fenders and did that every time after. Takes about an hour to do all four! Very easy, just need patience.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• This is all good information! Thanks to everyone for your input. :up:

I've had aftermarket flares -- Rugged Ridge -- for maybe 3+ years. After reading all the posts and thinking it over, I might just go ahead and use the Fusion paint. BTW, I won't take them off to paint them. I've had good luck masking them with newspaper between the plastic and tub. Maybe that speaks to the quality of my mounting job!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Why didn't you get them painted with the Jeep? Saharas look sweet with color-matched flares.

Well....deep in my inner soul I knew the painter was going to do a lousy job, so I figured I'd cut my losses by having him paint just the essentials. Turns out I was right. It was my fate. So I hedged...in a weird, twisted kinda way!!
    :beer:

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

• I think i use Forever Black from quadratech. I've been happy with it, and it takes minutes for a touchup.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!