Tubing Trip to Bucks County

• As I'd said at the meeting, River Country directed me to their website for rates. We'd need 20+ people, and the rate is apparently the same for a 2, 3, or 4 hour trip. The rate is $17 per person on the weekends. You basically pick out an inner tube, get on a bus for 20+ minute ride upstream, and float back. The water is warm and shallow, and there is a snack bar on the river about mid-trip (expensive and crowded!). You can bring your own food. Robin and I have done this trip, it is a fun, lazy trip down the river.

Linky: http://www.rivercountry.net/group.html

DrJ

• Steve this sounds like what we are looking for.
    We will need to set a date then see how many people we can get
    20 people should be no problem.

What do you think about some time in July. That's a nice hot month. :rollsmile:

• This rule may throw a kink into things

12. Personal beverages are not permitted on any of our outings. You may purchase your beverage at the riverside cafe, or at The Famous River Hot Dog Man's Island, an independantly owned and operated food stand. Check with them for hours and rates. You may use your own insulated jug or rent one. Food is NOT permitted on tubing trips. Canoers and rafter may bring a picnic lunch in a small playmate size cooler. Please get any needed supplies at the River Supply Store before informing us you are ready to board the bus.

But lets see if we can work around this issue.

• I remember that we took sandwiches, but when I asked Robin, she said that was the tubing trip at Camp Jeep, not Bucks County. Ooops.

DrJ

• I also checked into Brandywine. The shop is located beind Bennigens (sp :shrug: ) on 202. It is $13 per person and trips start at 1 and 2 (or 2 and 3, not sure). The bus ride is only a few minutes up and then they pick you up at the end. Depending on the rain, it is between 2-4 hours. You can take food/beverages as you wish. The tubing place even has a cooler tube. They did warn us that since it is technically in a state park and alcohol is not permitted they have seen some tickets written. The day we went, we saw no rangers.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• I 2nd brandywine for how close It is and I would def be Interested in taking part...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!