problem withTeraflex quick disconnects ?

• First off lets not stsrt by saying "I told you so"..... ok so i bought the tera flex disconnects, i have found that they are extremely difficult to both remove from lower pin and to install back onto pin. I have to use a pry bar to help them both off and on and that's on top of using WD 40. Is this normal? will they get easier with use? is there anyone else using these and if so do you have the same issues? any input would be great.. :shrug:

• Instead of wd-40..which dries up, and provides no lube, try white grease CLP, or even Remington Dri-lube. Might just be the fact that they are new also.
    Hope to see you Sunday!

• Why do people ask for advice and then not listen to those that have been there, done that?

Another $18 you could have gotten the JKS.

That being said, make sure you are on as level a surface as possible when disconnecting and re-connecting.

Helps to have a rubber mallet sometimes.

• teraflex highly recommends wd40 in the printed literature that came with the product, although i agree with you in regards to the grease. Due to some unforseen scheduling issues between my daughters mom and I it is looking as of now that I will be sitting this one out :bang:

Instead of wd-40..which dries up, and provides no lube, try white grease CLP, or even Remington Dri-lube. Might just be the fact that they are new also.
    Hope to see you Sunday!

• well Keith I was going to get the jks when i asked the fellow at the shop his opinion, he thought the tera flex would be a quick simple install, after comparing the two, outside of being adjustable for a taller lift, they both use the floating bushing and slide pin and seem very similar in design.......i guess you can call it a rookie mistake

• My JKS Disconnects were hard to get off and on then I adjusted them out a little so there wasnt as much tension on them. It made it a lot easier for use. They are also able to be greased so that helps too. :mrgreen:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!