Xj lift questions

• Soo I'm torn between going two different routes with the leaf springs on my xj. First of all I'm wanting to run 33s, I'm looking at two leaf springs one being the re 4.5" leaf pack and two being the ome 3.5" med load leafs. So my question is has anyone ran either one of these and what's the true height of the ome leafs..... I've heard so many different opinions on both. Thanks guys :driving:

• For 33s, the RE 4.5" pack will be your best bet. They net around 5" after they break in... I had those plus 1.25" shackles and was around 6.5" in my yellow XJ, was at 7" for a while. Matched it up with RE 5.5" front coils for a similar ride height.

The OME stuff is usually around advertised height for what I've seen... and 3.5" is nowhere near enough room for 33s unless you're willing to really cut up the fenders.

Keep in mind that you'll need an SYE and new rear driveshaft for a 5" lift, maybe a front shaft, too. Budget up to $750 for rear+sye and front shafts. And while we're talking money, at the 5" lift range, you'll really want long arms for the front suspension if you drive it on the road...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I thinking about doing ome 3.5" leafs and a 1" shackle with 4.5" re coils I'm hoping that will be close to level .... I'm sure ill still have to do some trimming but I'm not wanting to run 33s permanently I just picked up a cheap set of rollers until I have the cash for a new set of 32s sorry I forgot to add that.... But thanks for all the advice whatevah

• RE 4.5" coils will be around 5.25" of lift, so it'll sit a bit higher than the OME 3.5"+1" unless you've got a heavy bumper/winch up there.

TJ coils sit about an inch lower on XJs.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• RE 3.5" coils for a XJ will give around 4.25" after break-in. RE TJ 3.5" coils will only give 3.25" on a XJ.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Throw away the rear, but you'll need longer links up front. I think Rubicon Express has fixed links, if not there are a few brands that offer disconnectable links.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!