yet another dumb question...

• Got the new Bestop bikini top yesterday. It says the long straps go to the footman loops in the rear, and that these loops are standard on all Jeep Wranglers. Soooooooo... no loops on my Wrangler. Before you get tooooooo smart, I CAN install footman loops, heck it even came with them! But if you have a YJ or CJ7, and you HAVE these loops from the factory... where are they on your Jeep? A photo would be great.

Thanks!

DrJ (loopless)

• steve,

if i remember correctly from my cj7 they were at the foot of the rear downtube.
    this way the strap would follow close to the tube.

carl

• Is it a strapless? If so, then the footman loop is between the sunvisors on the windshield frame.

If it is a traditional (cj style) then the footman loops go on the tub. follow the lines of your roll bar to find a spot. the straps should run parallel to the roll bar.

hth

Artie

• I think they go on the corners of the tub, sort of diagonally. I don't think it really matters though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• What part of "the long straps" made you think it was strapless? Just curious.
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DrJ

• the part where on a strapless, the strap runs all the way from the main hoop to the windsheild frame. And the straps that wrap around the roll bar. I didn't name it, just what it's called. any other questions please see me first post in this thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!