YOURE MY BOY BLUE (blue YJ is almost road worthy)

• as some of you saw...i was selling my blue jeep... got a couple offers but not what i was wanting...so i decided to finish where i left off...and well...its almost ready for inspection

new gas tank skid plate installed (for those who may need to know... a 15 gallon skid plate will fit a 21 gallon factory tank...same size..different filler (i didnt know this)

finally got the brake lines loose, took a little work...and some vise grips...but the braided front lines are on...rear tomorrow...and then hopefully someone will stop by to help me bleed everything (yes lee...i have beer when you come over LOL )

did some playing with my vaccum lines on the carb...think i have a majority of them worked out... going to take measurements and replace all lines...some are cracked...some i had to splice in 3 places to make them go where i think they needed.....

once that is done...its off to inspection.

have emmission questions for the DE guys...will put in another post.

dont think blue will make it to the trails...but will be my daily driver to keep mileage and money (gas) in my pocket... hopefully will let me save up to get rid of the 3.07's and give me 5th gear back

just an update from the YJ rebuild team LOL

• good to see you have overcome your frustration, as I did. Mine is up and running and inspected no less, did that last tuesday.

in de they are going to check your usual stuff, lights, hi and low beams, blinkers, brake lights, then that your drivers window rolls up and down. then they will check emmissions, i have never taken a carbed truck through (my swap is done) but non of my older jeeps (xj or yj) came anywhere close to the emissions limit. i just ran super in it while I got it inspected (maybe it works maybe it doesnt). then they check your brakes.. by having you drive 10 feet and hitting the brakes, just go easy, its not a race. then they pressureize the gas tank, although they did not do it in my yj becasue it was an 87 (and supposed to be carbed, i guess) they did pressure test the gas cap, so make sure yours is good.

thats it, easy.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Nice work Dave!

I just had to respond to an "Old School" inspired subject heading.... :spinrhead:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!