Ax15 behind 350, and lift before during or after 350 conversion?

• I have a couple questions someone probably has experience with. I was talkin about putting a 4.3 in my jeep and came to the conclusion I wasn't in my right mind. I'm putting a 350 in, already got my eyes on the engine out of an 88 silverado that was traded in at my work. Just waiting for the deal to clear
    Here are my 2 questions (don't worry there will be more to come)
    1. Does anyone have an ax15 behind a 350? It's the route I'm thinking about taking. I want a 5 spd because it will see pavement more than dirt. What off roaring I do participate in is mild, I think it will hold up
    2. I have a body lift and wanna do away and go suspension and/or SOA. My question is would it matter if I do it before, during, or after conversion? To me during makes most sense that way I'm not lowering my current tcase just to get rid of it, and doing it after I'd be getting my new drivetrain just right, just to have to modify it shortly after

Any input would be great... Oh yea it's a 91yj with a 2.5

• goodness, there are so many opinions on the internet. every time i do some research and make up my mind, i do a little more research and it makes me lean towards something else. dana 44's and lower gears are a possibility. i just wanna be able to drive 40 miles and not feel like i just put my jeep through hell when im done. but v8's are really cool

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!