New to the board and have a couple questions

• I'm new to the board, I own a 2008 Wrangler unlimited X 4 door.I live around the Dover area, however I'm currently deployed to the Middle East. I'm looking to do some upgrading to my jeep when I get back new wheels,lift, replace front and rear bumpers, and maybe a few other little things. Is there any place to take it to get the work done in Delaware? I'd greatly appreciate any and all help. Thank you and look forward to reading and viewing everyones post.

• I know of a few options.

1. Delaware Rhino Linings install lifts but they are not cheap and they tend to not have a great reputation (IMO they are morons) but they can do the job if your willing to pay. There is a whole thread on here about them. They like to install BDS or Zone lifts.

2. I know some Jeep dealers install lifts. Carman Jeep in New Castle will install a lift for you and will not void any warranty you may have. I always go to Carman for warranty work since they are mod friendly. They like to install Teraflex lifts. They can do tires as well.

3. You can buy the parts and see if any member would be willing to help you install at your house. From time to time members get together for a wrench party with pizza and beers for an install.

4. I know there is a member here who does work (for pay) so you may want to talk to him. Aaron I believe. You would have to see what he can do for you.

Personally I would try option 2 or 3 first since it may be the fastest and easiest for you. With option 2 the dealer knows how to install the lifts since they mod many new JKs and sell them. With option 3 you will get to meet members of the club and learn how to work on your Jeep so thats a win win.

BTW thank you for your service. Former Army here.

• Welcome! :wavey: Always good to have a new fellow Jeep'r around.

The great thing about upgrading Jeeps is that most modifications can be done with simple hand tools, some sweat, some blood and the help of some buddies. There's been more than one "Wrenching Party" and there's more than a few of us willing to help out and it's a great way to meet fellow Jeepr's. Some of the guys here are very knowledgable when it comes to lifts, mods, etc. Have you decided what type of lift you want to install? Bumpers are pretty easy to replace/install as almost all are model specific these days.

If you're dead-set on having a shop do the work, I can only recommend 2 people that I have any experience with...

First and foremost would be Aaron (Astape here on the boards). A LOT of people here have had him do work to their Jeeps from lifts to engine replacements. He's usually got a project going on, whether its his rig or someone else's, so you'll have to PM him to get your ticket in line. :laughing:

Second, is Trucks Unlimited (or whatever they're called now). I believe that they are now located next to the Enterprise and Lee's Car Wash on Rt13 by Hooters. When they were at the Middletown shop, TU installed a 3" BDS lift and tires on my brother's and cousin's JKUs. It was pricey though... believe it was around $2k or more for the lift, installation and 4 new MTZs.

Thank you for your service and stay safe over there. Hopefully we'll see ya around when ya get back state-side.

**Edit: Joel posted before me and I didn't see it so apologies for any doubled info.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• 1st thanks for your service! :iwo:

2nd. For less than the cost to pay someone, buy a compressor , air tools, and a few other bits and pieces, and do it yourself. Throw a wrenching party. Plus when you install it , you can also maintain and repair it too. On the flip side, there is always the dreaded can of worms you open. Depending on the lift , you may need a slip yoke eliminator or drive shaft work. You will almost certainly need to regear. And if you regear, you will almost certainly want to add locker(s) These are not "At Home" jobs for most.

Good luck, do your home work, set a budget and design your build well. A good and complete build plan is key.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thank you guys for taking the time and replying. I can't lie I know nothing about installing anything on my vehicle, however i did just recently learn how to change my brakes, baby steps haha. I really havn't decided on what type of lift I want, I know i don't want anything too big. I plan on getting 33's to put on it.
    20x9 Black XD Crank Wheels w/ Nitto Trail Grappler LT305/55/20 Tires
    [img width=438 height=449]http://www.westkycustoms.com/m…k_305_55_20_nttrg_001.jpg[/img]

• Thank you guys for taking the time and replying. I can't lie I know nothing about installing anything on my vehicle, however i did just recently learn how to change my brakes, baby steps haha. I really havn't decided on what type of lift I want, I know i don't want anything too big. I plan on getting 33's to put on it.
    20x9 Black XD Crank Wheels w/ Nitto Trail Grappler LT305/55/20 Tires
    [img width=438 height=449]http://www.westkycustoms.com/m…k_305_55_20_nttrg_001.jpg[/img]

Unless you're planning on running 35's its almost not worth spending the money on a lift on a JK. But if you really like to keep a near stock tire size you could always trim your fenders, buy some new tires and save a butt load of money.

• I was told that the 33's im interested in would fit without a lift, i'll prolly end up not going with a lift. I apprecaite you guys dropping some knowledge to me.

• lol...i did a 2 inch spacer lift with 33's. did the lift in my townhouse driveway with hand tools by myself in about 4 hours (had to get my own beers) if you can do brakes, you can do a lift. welcome and thanks for your service

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!